As you may be aware, fleas and ticks are not just a nuisance, but also pose animal and human health risks, as they can transmit disease (including Babesia (Biliary), Ehrlichia, bartonellosis and others).
That’s why it’s critical to protect pets from these parasites and keep them out of homes. Bravecto® is the first and only treatment that has been shown to quickly and effectively kill fleas and multiple tick species for 12 weeks in a single dose.
More than 13 million doses of Bravecto® have been dispensed in 60 countries. We are pleased with the overwhelmingly positive responses we’ve had from veterinarians and pet owners from throughout the world about the benefits of Bravecto®.
- We are confident in the safety of Bravecto®.
- Prior to its first approval by a regulatory agency, the safety of Bravecto® was established through comprehensive clinical research studies.
- As part of the product approval process, regulatory agencies throughout the world have reviewed the Bravecto® research data and have deemed it safe for sale in their countries, when used according to the product label. Global safety surveillance of Bravecto® use has provided additional compelling evidence of the safety of the product.
- In a well-controlled field study Bravecto® was used concurrently with other medications, such as vaccines, anthelmintics, antibiotics and steroids. No adverse reactions were observed when Bravecto® was used at the same time as other medications. 1,2
- The rate of all adverse event reports is classified as RARE. The most common reported events are mild and transient gastrointestinal upset.
- MSD Animal Health’s research scientists have thoroughly reviewed the safety data for Bravecto® from more than 55 controlled clinical trials.
- Clinical research data and analysis of adverse events do not demonstrate a causal relationship between Bravecto® and liver or kidney issues or cancer.
- As a responsible animal health company, we take every single report of a potential adverse event seriously.
- Whenever possible, we work with the pet owner and attending veterinarian to assemble as much clinical information as we can, to try to help determine the cause of a pet’s health issue, and whether or not the product may have been involved.
- It is important to critically examine the facts relating to adverse events vs. anecdotes that are not substantiated by science and medical evidence. A report does not mean causation.
- We report findings to governing regulatory agencies around the world (based on a country’s respective laws and policies), so that they can make a fully informed, scientific assessment about the safety of the product.
- We do this so that accurate safety and efficacy information is available for veterinarians prescribing our products.
- We are Confident in the Safety of Bravecto®.
For more information, please visit www.bravecto.co.za.
Always consult with your own veterinarian about the health and well-being of your pet, and when making
a decision about flea and tick control products.
MSD Animal Health Companion Animal Technical Services and Pharmacovigilance Team:
011 923 9300
- Rohdich et al. Parasites & Vectors, 2014, 7: 83. 2
- Walther et al. Plasma pharmacokinetic profile of fluralaner (Bravecto™) and ivermectin following concurrent administration to dogs. Parasites
& Vectors (2015) 8:508.
BRAVECTO® Reg. No. G4083 (Act 36/1947) each chew contains 25 mg Fluralaner per kg body weight.
Intervet South Africa (Pty) Ltd., Reg. No. 1991/006580/07
20 Spartan Road, Spartan, 1619, RSA | Private Bag X2026, Isando, 1600, RSA | Tel: +2711 923 9300, Fax: +2711 392 3158, Sales Fax: 086 603 1777